One of my relatives gave me some king prawns so I made this recipe adapted from the website www.1asianfoodrecipes.com. This dish is delicious for who like spicy foods and it is also very easy to make. Have fun cooking.
Ingredients (for 4)
- 24 king prawns in their shells
- 1 white onion, slided.
- 1 fresh green jalapenos chili, slided.
- 1 stalk lemon grass, chopped.
- 9 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tbs pepper and 1/2 tbs of red chili flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup fish stock or water
- 3 tsp corn-flour (cornstarch)
- 3 fresh shallot for garnish, chopped
- Slit the prawns along the centre back without removing the shells. Gently pull away the dark vein and discard. Trim off the green ends of spring onions and cut the whites in halves lengthwise, then into 2 cm (3/4 inch) pieces.
- Finely slide the chili and chop the lemon grass stalk into tiny pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan or wok and stir-fry the lemon grass with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes until the lemon grass turn light brown coated with the red color of the red chili. Add the prawns until they change color. Add the onions, jalapenos chili and stir over high heat for 1 minute. Add the fish sauce, sugar, then mix stock or water and corn-flour (cornstarch) and pour into the pan.
- Serve at once, garnished with shallot.