Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mexican chicken stew

Seafood stew


 This recipe I found on chefmom.sheknows.com.  I was going through recipes online and this picture attacks my eyes and triggers my saliva gland so much 
=) that I have to post here even I haven't made it yet. Definitely, after next week ... since I have another midterms is coming next week.  Another thing I like about this recipe is that the ingredients list is quite simple and those are easy to find at any grocery store, which is perfect for a college student like me. 
Enjoy cooking!

Ingredients

  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1 yellow pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup onion, chopped
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1 can kidney beans, rinsed
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Directions

  1. Toss the chicken with the flour.
  2. In a heavy Dutch oven over medium heat, heat half the oil. Add the chicken and brown, about 5 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
  3. Heat the remaining oil and add the sweet potatoes, pepper and onion. Cover and cook about 6-8 minutes.
  4. Add the water, tomatoes, chili powder, garlic and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
  5. Add the chicken back in and simmer another 5 minutes.
  6. Add the corn and beans and simmer another 5 minutes.
  7. Stir in the cilantro, remove from heat and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment