This recipe I found on chefmom.sheknows.com. I was going through recipes online and this picture attacks my eyes and triggers my saliva gland so much =) that I have to post here even I haven't made it yet. Definitely, after next week ... since I have another midterms is coming next week. Another thing I like about this recipe is that the ingredients list is quite simple and those are easy to find at any grocery store, which is perfect for a college student like me.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Toss the chicken with the flour.
- In a heavy Dutch oven over medium heat, heat half the oil. Add the chicken and brown, about 5 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil and add the sweet potatoes, pepper and onion. Cover and cook about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the water, tomatoes, chili powder, garlic and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken back in and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and beans and simmer another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro, remove from heat and serve.