Enjoy ! =)
Ingredients (for 6)
2 lbs pork belly
1/2 lbs medium shrimp
3 tbs of cooking oil
1/2 cup of sugar
5 cups of water or coconut soda for flavor
125 ml (4 fl oz / 1/2 cup fish sauce
2 cloves of shallots
1 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (I'm an egg lover so I always cook up to 10 eggs =)
1/2 tsp of red chilies (optional)
- Cut the pork belly into 2 x 4 cm (3/4 x 1 1/2 in) pieces and set aside.
- Cut the tails and the legs of shrimps but leave the shells and set aside.
- Heat up the oil in the pot, put in the shallots for the flavor.
- Then put the meat in for around 2- mins until it is slightly cooked on the surface then add the shrimp in.
- Stir often for evenly cook then add all the ingredients (fish sauce, pepper, salt, chillies) and water to the pot. Turn the heat to medium.
- Add the boiled eggs carefully.
- To make the caramel, put the sugar a saucepan and place over high heat. Cook without constantly stirring until sugar becomes a rich golden colour, then carefully add to the cooking pot.
- Stir quickly to get the color covered all the meat, shrimp and egg but be careful not to crack the eggs.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the most of the sauce get thicken and bound to the meat, shrimp and eggs (caramelized).